Sunday 10 January 2016

1: Ideation.

As a pet owner and a designer myself, I have always wanted to do something to commemorate my three passed away friends. Since this assignment is an open brief, I have decided to take this chance to do something related to my pet story.

Initially, I have the perception that a narrative should be a story line with a starting, climax and an ending, so the idea that I had was to create a hyper comic or at least a visual slide that shows my pet story.

After knowing the theme that I wanted to do, next was deciding the tech/medium that I would like to use to present it. Inspired by some google chrome experiments, I was very tempted to tryout web GL, as the visuals produced are not only 3D but can also be panned around to see the 360° view.

Blossom, a webGL made interactive visual.

The Dark Forest, a webGL made interactive visual.

Thus, I went on and did some research and found out that there are alternatives to 3D visuals. Three,js is one of them and based on my research, it is a type of coding language that simplifies Web GL. After the initial research, I went on to talk to Mr Jam about it to judge on the attainability of the idea and execution (since the assignment is due in 11 weeks) and also to find out the difficulty of the coding language.


Reference:

Lin, Y.W. (2013) Blossom. Available at: http://www.bongiovi.tw/experiments/webgl/blossom/ . [Accessed : 2 November 15]
  • WebGl made visuals with the theme blossom that inspired me to want to try webGL.

Lin, Y.W. (2015) The Dark Forest. Available at: http://darkforest.bongiovi.tw/webgl/ . [Accessed : 2 November 15]
  • WebGl made visuals with the theme dark forest that inspired me to want to try webGL.

No comments:

Post a Comment